The purposes for the Idaho Charter School Network as outlined in its by-laws and affirmed during the 2008 strategic planning process are:
- Collaboration with local and state educational communities
- Support for high quality schools and student achievement
- Mutual support among all schools
- Increased public awareness of the charter school movement
- Help to shape a positive policy environment for school choice
Using historical and contemporary data from surveys, discussions, and performance reviews of the network, and examination of the evolving needs of new and existing charter schools in Idaho, the Executive Board of the Idaho Charter School Network proposes a strategic plan with a vision to expand capacity, enhance the value of membership and realize its mission.
Membership in the Idaho Charter School Network has many advantages.
Advocacy - improving public understanding, communicating the value of school choice and influencing a policy environment that supports the growth and sustainability of high-performing charter schools.
- Speaking on behalf of Idaho's Charter Schools with ONE VOICE is perhaps the most important. The Network has engaged Veritas Advisors', Ken Burgess as our ambassador to the Idaho Legislature. Ken has a long history of championing the charter cause and will continue to be the ears and eyes connecting ICSN to important policy decisions. Executive Director Diane Demarest coordinates testimony on bills related to charter school law.
- 2010-2011 Media campaign will use the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools campaign as a springboard for public awareness in Idaho and uniting our charters to the national movement.
All School Members enjoy:
- Seat & Voice at ICSN Annual Meeting
- Membership Certificate
- Your website hot-linked on the ICSN site
- Your school featured in the Spotlight on ICSN website once each year
- Programmatic Audits at reduced member rates
- $250 credit toward audit fee for serving on an audit team
- Discounts on Idaho State Charter Conferences
- Board Training Events
- Annual Charter School Directory
- Free use of conference meeting space when you're in Boise at the ICSN Office
Membership invitations as sent out in the spring each year for the following school year.
- $750 for new schools during their first 2 years
- $1250 for schools each year after the 2nd year
Other Membership Categories:
- $1000 Corporate or business membership
- $50 Individual memberships (teachers or parents)
- $250 Non-profit organizations with common causes